While not topping bestseller lists, Crow Stone’s release, released me from the weight of my mother’s trauma ... a trauma that stayed with her until she died at age 92 ... still paranoid, but also resilient and clever.
Thank you again ...
- for support from my Canadian publisher, Ronsdale Press, even as they transitioned to new owners.
- for positive reviews from Kirkus, Booklist, Canadian Materials Review and more.
- for the book’s travels to the Frankfurt and London Book Fairs.
- for the attention from Dr. Mateusz Swietlicki, East European professor from Wroclaw, Poland.
- for German podcast listeners who got to hear me interviewed.
I’m grateful to you for sticking with me on my meanderings. My new projects … immigrant stories – one for adults and one for middle grade—are looking for homes. Traditional publishing is a challenging and crowded field. More people are writing, less people are reading.
I keep reminding myself ... it's a journey, not a destination.